Thursday, July 18, 2013

"Poppies... Poppies!"


In The Wizard of Oz (one of my least favorite musicals), the Wicked Witch of the West uses poppies to put Dorothy & co. to sleep.  As a kid, I didn't really think much of it, but as an adult I know that opium poppies are a thing.  I'm no botanist, but I've read a little bit about poppies.  As I understand it, the opiate properties of the latex that comes from the poppy seed pods will induce sleep, and opium and poppy straw are the primary source for all opiates... that's the primary reason that poppies, as a symbol, are associated with sleep.  So when you're admiring the common garden poppy, being awed by the majesty of nature, keep in mind that someone, somewhere, is making morphine with it.  If that doesn't make you feel good (and a little itchy), I don't know what will.

Dress: Vigilante Fashionista Poppy Mullet Dress [Marketplace | Slurl]
Boots: Razor/// Lovesick Boots [Marketplace | Slurl]
Hair: Magika Pix [Marketplace | Slurl]
Necklace:  Beloved Jewelry [Marketplace | Slurl] Panache Necklace
Nails: Hello Dave [Marketplace] Stiletto Manicure for Slink Avatar Enhancement Nails [Marketplace | Slurl]
Tattoo: AUDRAN Unisex Collarbone Chest Tattoo ‘Tentacled‘ [Marketplace]
Eyelashes: – DAMNED – Body Shop My Perfect Eyelashes [Marketplace | Slurl]
Lipstick: Glossy Vemelho Intense [1L$]  [Marketplace | Slurl]

Cross-posted to Alt.

No comments:

Post a Comment